Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The beauty amid the pain

This last weekend I went to watch our basketball team play in the Sub-State tournament. It was an exciting game. I never thought I would enjoy basketball as much as I did, but I found out that I like it quite a bit. I think a lot of it had to do with watching our team. Sometimes those boys can be little snots in the classroom (but don't worry, I still love 'em), but on the court, they are great together. They love each other. They give to each other. They are family. 

We lost the game. It was heartbreaking. We all cried. I wanted to hug each one of them. I was so proud of them all. 

And have you ever noticed that sometimes there's something exquisitely, terribly beautiful about pain captured on film? I'm not taking credit for these pictures. They were taken by someone else. I merely photo-shopped them a bit. But man, these pictures really capture those moments after the final buzzer. And they are painful. And they are beautiful. 

And you are welcome to take them and use them as you please if you like the way they've been photo-shopped.



2 comments:

Amybeth said...

and to think I was there with you to experience the excitement of your very first game with 'em. at that moment, YOU were the school girl - the teacher becoming the student ;)

Xxoo
~AB

Deb said...

These pictures still make me sad for the boys when I see them. We're so proud of them and their season, tho, and even tho we hate to see our kids lose, there is a reason. We had so many good followers--and LOVED dragging you to some of the games! We'll look forward to more next year! (Or even track meets and baseball yet to come this year!) Love you! - deb