Sunday, September 5, 2010

Not quite what I had in mind

I was going to make a very nice, long post, full of pictures, text, videos, and links. I was going to include all of the music that's been making my life fun lately. I was going to do a lot of things in this post.

That is, until a rogue finger of mine accidentally deleted all of the hard word I'd done. About thirty minutes of compiling, to be honest. It was rather annoying, and let's say a few choice words almost slipped out of my mouth.

Now, instead of a sophisticated and thoughtful post, I'm simply going to leave you with a list of songs, some as links and some embedded as videos. Please enjoy.

1. "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons



I don't have time to give you the lyrics again, sadly, but seriously, they have helped me. A great song for someone alone who needs to find his/her identity after a long time of being without it. That's me.

2. "One on One" by The Bird and the Bee



Also working for this particular song is the fact that it's a cover of a Hall and Oats classic. Either way, it screams sexy to me. Love it. It's also fair here to give you another song by The Bird and the Bee that's been helping me out lately, so here you go. This one's called "How Deep Is Your Love" and it's also a cover. This time it's the Bee Gees.



3. "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk



This song is super fun. As is this video. It makes me want to dance. And I enjoy the lyrics as well. At least, what there is of them.

4. "My Love" by Sia




A ridiculously heartbreakingly honest song. The lyrics are happy, but the song sounds sad, adding a dimension which I simply cannot get out of my head. The song also happens to be from the Twilight: Eclipse soundtrack, which is fine. I happen to like the soundtrack, if not the movie. Here are some others from the soundtrack that I enjoy:

"Neutron Star Collision" by MUSE
"Heavy in You Arms" by Florence + the Machine
"Let's Get Lost" by Beck and Bat For Lashes
"What Part of Forever" by Cee Le Green
"Life on Earth" by Band of Horses"





5. "Home" by The Engineers



This is actually the opening credits for a show called Big Love but the official video can be found here. I love the sound of this song, and I'll admit, paired with these opening credits it seems poignant and heartbreaking. That's a word I seem to be using a lot lately.

6. "Commuter Love" by The Divine Comedy



I really enjoy this song. It feels otherworldly to me. As if I'm sitting in an old Truffaut movie. In fact, I believe that the song actually references the fact that the woman in it reads pretentious novels by French authors. How fitting. Either way, I want to be that pretentious woman. I think I'm on my way, considering the fact that I just dropped the name Truffaut into a blog post and I doubt that much of my readership will know (or care) who he is.



7. "Two Weeks" by Grizzly Bear



The official video is here, and it's a doozy. But I happen to like the video I posted above. It's cute, quirky, and a little subversive. Not that subversive is super great, but you know. Gotta do it sometimes.

8. "Elevator Love Letters" by Stars

Simply put, not much is cuter than this song. Well, perhaps this video about a shell called Marcel, but that's about it in my opinion.

9. "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot



The hook on this song is sick, seriously. I cannot stop myself from moving when I hear this.

10. "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles



You owe it to yourself to take a listen to this woman. If you are female in any respect, you will be moved by her lyrics and her performance. It speaks to my heart because of her honesty and the, say is with me, heartbreaking nature of the song.

Well, you got more than I anticipated you would. You lucky people.

I'm going to go to bed to one of these songs. Chances are it's not Missy Elliot.

2 comments:

Wusel's... said...

wow...seems to have taken you a lot of time to create the 2 last posts.
Greetings from Germany.

Unknown said...

the lost blog has been something thats happened to me more than once. its no bueno, especially considering i know how long it takes to find all those songs.