Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nightlife

As the Digital Shorts of SNL go, some are hits and some are definitely misses.

This one was probably a sort-of middle-ground one for most people, but I love it for some reason. Perhaps it's because it has zombies in it I can actually laugh at. Let's hope that I can continue to work on that fear.



Enjoy.

I went on another bike ride this evening. It is so weird to ride up and down the enormous Main Street and have it be completely deserted. I actually raced back and forth for a few minutes, doing some laps. I think I'll be taking these nightly rides quite often. I'm enjoying this form of exercise.

I've discovered that I enjoy being alone quite a bit. Community is important. I definitely understand that. I love my friends. Living out here before school starts has been like hermit heaven. When school starts I'll be with people again and thriving in a community, but this has been one of the best times in many years for me to just be alone, thinking, reflecting, and learning about myself and what God has for me.

I feel like it's a brief oasis before I start on a long journey.

1 comment:

kristy said...

I am so glad that God is doing great things in your heart! I have been asking for you so much. I hope to talk with you soon!! love you