Saturday, July 31, 2010

No Longer Ashamed

I watched Up In the Air tonight. Or early this morning. Tom-ay-to, Tom-ah-to.

And I noticed that Anna Kendrick (Natalie in the movie) and I share the same unusual and difficult hairline. Seriously people, it's like someone drew a squiggly line from ear to forehead and to other ear. I'm talking about you, God.

Sometimes I wonder what it is that makes me notice inane details like this, but then I get over it.

I see smooth hairlines like these, and feel bad about myself:

 

But now I have finally seen a woman who fearlessly wears her hair back, despite a hairline that defies any sort of normal line. And I don't feel so self-conscious anymore about wearing mine back. Because I'm telling you, mine looks exactly like hers. 


And wouldn't you know that I can't really find a picture of myself to compare?  Know why? Because I've always been so hyper-aware of my weird hairline that I don't allow it to be documented on the rare occasions that I pull the safety curtain of my bangs back. Here's the closest I got:


See? I keep the sides down most times because the widow's peak is more like peak(S). 

Anyway, this is an early morning post, and it's happening partly because I'm trying to stay awake as I watch Up In the Air with commentary so that I can get it in the mail by the time it goes out tomorrow morning. 

In any case, please forgive my vanity. We've all been there. Glad I could share it with you.

1 comment:

triggs said...

Weird, I always liked irregular hairlines like yours. You are paying waaaay too much attention to it. The girl's hair looks great, I doubt anyone thinks about her hairline being weird. cause its not. The only scary hairline I've seen is on Teresa Guidice (google her if you don't know, agghhh). Yours looks awesome.