Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Future Home . . . Hopefully

Well, folks, as long as closing on the house goes well and the bank decides that it will let me get a mortgage, it looks like I am going to be buying this house:


I mean, look at it. It's all stone. And that porch! It's a real porch. And it faces East, so no annoying hot, late nights trying to chill on the porch. Oh, and here's something that comes with the porch:


A swing. Heck yeah! And here are some things that I hope to see on my porch in the future:




Loving friends. And maybe a cat. Someday. Not right away, though. So, you walk up to the house and enter through a front door that looks like this:




Sorry about the awful blurriness and the glare from the flash. Hopefully someday I'll have a real camera to use. But in the meantime, can you see how solid the wood is? You see how pretty those dark hinges are? These are the original doors. And the house was built in 1900. I love that. 


So then you turn around and see the living room:




Very brown, huh? The entire room is covered in wood paneling. Not my favorite thing. So hopefully I'll be able to find a way to change that. And no, my couch will not by that bright fuchsia color. The carpet isn't bad at all, but maybe next summer I could pull it up and reveal some original wood flooring (which is said to be there . . .). 


And then you notice something lovely off to the left:




Fireplace! I can't wait to have a fire in that!


Now we turn directly behind us and find the kitchen:






Again, sorry for the blurred quality. But as you can see, the cabinets are very solid and very nice. And very original. How cool! And there is a lot of good counter space for all the baking I intend to start doing. 


The rest of the house was nice too, but I won't post those pictures here, because they still contain personal items of the woman who currently owns the house. 


So now we've wandered around inside. Let's go out the kitchen door and check out the rest of the yard:




What a good place for grilling and chilling! Or grillin' and chillin'. Either way is cool with me. Then you turn around and!




Cat! She said this cat adopted her house and comes with it. I'm not sure if she's joking or not. But I'm OK with it if she isn't. He's an outdoor cat and only comes to the house for meals. Or to flirt with new people, apparently. 


Then you walk to the edge of the backyard and see the back of the house:




And to help me keep up with all that landscaping and gardening:




My own gardening shed! Looks like I'm going to have to start working on that green thumb . . .




The house is so well kept on the outside! No weeds anywhere!


And finally, one of the best parts of the house . . .




It comes with its own peach tree!


Guess I'll have to start liking peaches, too. 


I'm OK with that!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! How gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting pictures. Pr-ing for you today, my friend!