Friday, June 11, 2010

Night Terrors

Ugh. Long story short, my sleeping has the kind of regularity that's . . . NOT. 

And my water intake has been poor to non-existent. 

Both regular occurrences for me. 

But, before we get into how much I am hurting my poor body (which, I'm very aware of because of the vomit-inducing cramps that I experienced this morning because dehydration increases "woman troubles." Oh. My. Lord. Did she just write that sentence? Yes she did, people. Now, either unfollow me or let's get to the point of this post), let's talk about what I'm really here to write about. 

Dreams. Specifically, nightmares. 

So, I have this recurring nightmare. We all have them. And we all know how they work. Usually, it's not the kind of situation that would require blood and guts and a scary soundtrack. Instead, it's nightmarish because it plays on our individual fears. Oh, and because it's so real in the dream that we usually wake up panting and in a cold sweat. 

I had my nightmare again last night. The situation in each dream is always different, but the same thing happens. Last night, it was me talking to a group of friends in high school. We're chatting, and I'm talking to some faceless guy who I have a crush on in the dream. Suddenly, I feel something drop onto my tongue. 

My tooth.

Yes. My nightmare is about my teeth falling out. Last night it happened with people. A lot of the time it happens in the bathroom while I'm standing over the sink and staring at myself in the mirror. The first tooth falls out. I look down in shock. The blood dribbles out of my mouth and down the sink in the swirling water along with the tooth (because of course, it wouldn't be a real nightmare if I could hold on to my teeth to get them put back in). Then the next tooth falls out. Then two more. Then all my top teeth just spill into the water and I'm looking at my bloody gums in the mirror and screaming. 

I know! It's terrifying. And it's so real. I remember waking up this morning and thanking the Lord that I had cramps, because that's much better than losing my teeth. And the cramps made me puke! 

That's serious, people.

No comments: