Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One Down, Four to Go

And my eighth graders have a plan for the school year!

I realized that my aspirations for classroom books might have been a little ambitious, so I decided on only two books for the school year along with the classroom book.


I am content with the classroom book, though it frustrates me at time to be so bound to it. I understand that many teachers across the country do the same thing, but I've always been in English programs that never once used a classroom text.

I have been encouraged through the planning process, though, for this planning makes me think in terms of multiple years. When I do this I feel like staying long enough to really shape a class and a tradition. We'll see what God has in store for me.

Now, on to my sophomores . . .

No comments: