Friday, June 18, 2010

Santigold

Searching for music has never been so much fun! A friend of mine recommended a site instead of Pandora. Not that there's anything wrong with Pandora, but this site allows me more control, and I like its radio choices better. It's called Grooveshark. Check it out.

That being said, I've found an artist called Santigold. I'm slowly falling more and more in love with her music. She's been compared with M.I.A. and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, so it's no surprise that I'm liking her.

I've decided to share some of it with you. I'm going to give you her first two singles. These came out in 2007, so I feel behind the times!

First song, "L.E.S. Artistes." Perhaps more palatable for those of you who might not like stranger-sounding things. Although the video is out there.



Sorry for the paint and sand violence!

Now, for those of you who do like stranger things (like me), then this is the song for you. "Creator."



Here's where you can hear the comparison to M.I.A.

And by the way, if you're listening to this song where others are present and you get weird looks, I'm sorry! Until I find someone who will like it with me this song is relegated to my blast-when-I'm-alone-in-the-house playlist. It might have to be in yours too. Unless you want to share your love of it with me. And then we can have a dance party together.

No comments: